PDA

View Full Version : 10'3 Gun

Jonathan
22-Apr-2009, 10:49 AM
Anybody tried or own the 10'3? I have an 11'2 and a 9'6" Naish and now I'm used to the smaller Naish the 11'2 feels huge - I'm only 68kg.

Interested in the 10'3 as my bigger wave board and will probably go to something even smaller than the 9'6 as well. Not really interested in the nose ride thing, more carving bottom turns.

No opportunity to try one so I would be ordering "blind" any feedback most welcome.
Thanks

Extreme Windsurfing
22-Apr-2009, 06:48 PM
This board is not yet released here in US (or the world for that matter So direct comparisons & Pro's & con's will be quite impossible.

I've heard talking to Starboard Team riders (int'l) that this is a TRUE BIG WAVE gun designed for waves like big Sunset & Wiamea. It may have other applications but until we get our hands on it no one knows

JimK

supbalicom
24-Apr-2009, 04:38 PM
Johnathon, if I may be the one to let you know that the 10'3 is a board that will have you loving those bottom turns with long lines drawn out & carving cutbacks. The board also allows you to generate speed in tight situations simply by heel to toe movement & this is exciting stuff on a 10'3. play with the fin setups & you will find different feelings there also as with your 63kgs I would suspect you would be liking it with a smaller rear center fin to let the tail release a little so you can really bring it around.. Johnathon from me the board is awesome!!! cheers SUP PETE ..

supbalicom
29-Aug-2009, 01:01 PM
Anybody tried or own the 10'3? I have an 11'2 and a 9'6" Naish and now I'm used to the smaller Naish the 11'2 feels huge - I'm only 68kg.

Interested in the 10'3 as my bigger wave board and will probably go to something even smaller than the 9'6 as well. Not really interested in the nose ride thing, more carving bottom turns.

No opportunity to try one so I would be ordering "blind" any feedback most welcome.
Thanks

Johnathon , here is my input.. If You are looking for a BIG WAVE board as you mentioned most certainly the 10'3 will suit you perfectly & you can change it up a lot performance wise simply by playing with your outside fins & should you need to further tweak change up the rear center fin , you will be amazed & excited by the numerous possibilities offered..

Now here is the most amazing info & exciting stuff for someone of your size as mentioned at 68kgs & wanting to lay it over on carving turns , YOU MUST GET YOUR SELF ON A 8'5" POCKET ROCKET , configure it as a quad & you will ripping it up & loving every SUP SESSION you go for..

Heads up on the 8'5" Pocket Rocket , forget the old school thought of SUPping, slowly, casually down with only smooth lines , you want to take off & surf this board like it is a true fish & surf it with your eyes looking a lot closer to the pocket & head to the lip , this board loves being surfed & you will be amazed & the acceleration & ability to pull some sick moves off ..

Have loads of fun & if you can find time between having fun & talking it up with ya mates send some pics in..

Cheers SUP PETE :D

Jonathan
12-Sep-2009, 08:32 PM
Hi SUP PETE,
Thanks for the information, just ordered an 8'5" Pocket Rocket - should be here next week ready for the Australian summer. I'll let you know how it goes.
All the best,
Jonathan

supbalicom
13-Sep-2009, 11:00 AM
Johnathon,many happy SUP SESSION to you when the POCKET ROCKET arrives & Ill be stoked to hear from you. Remember to surf it like a fish & go hard youll love it , & it will love you ! cheers SUP PETE

Jonathan
16-Sep-2009, 06:37 PM
I've got the Pocket Rocket - looks great should be able to get out on it in the next couple of days. Any thoughts on fins and whether it's worth upgrading from the plastic ones that come with it?
Thanks

supbalicom
17-Sep-2009, 04:36 PM
not certain about the waves you are heading out in but the fins with it will hang in there & do the job fine & honestly as you get the feel , you will get to know when you can nudge a bit harder to have the tail release ..

cheers SUP PETE